Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Carex Health Brands Day-Light Classic 10000 LUX SAD Lamp DL930

I live in Minnesota where it's winter about 65% of the year. A lot of cold, dark mornings where your alarm goes off and you want to stay in a warm snuggly bed because there's not a shred of sunlight to be found.

This Carex Health Brands Day-Light Classic 10000 LUX SAD Lamp DL930 is REALLY working for me this year, partly because I've repositioned it. I now put it on a coffee table in front of my sofa, and drag the coffee table as close to my knees as I can.
I would recommend this Carex Health Brands Day-Light Classic to anyone who has the winter blahs or who suffers from depression or similar disorders.
There are more high-tech, pricier models out there with other bells and whistles, but If you've never used a SAD lamp before, and want a good, basic model that delivers the light in the intensity that you need to beat the winter blues -- this is the best one for the price by far.
This gives me a lot of bright, up-close light. I will try to post a picture of me in front of the light and coffee table. (I'm wearing a yellow long-sleeve shirt.) The Uplift Day-Light has been unbelievable. I get up every morning with ease, I'm energetic, I don't need to nap; I'm finally free of debilitating depression. Wow! And it only took a couple days (literally) for me to realize all these beneficial effects. I have had one of these lights going on 3 years now. 
  • Helps to ease seasonal mood swings and winter depression, and help improve sleeping patterns
  • Features three fluorescent light tubes that combine to emit 10,000 lux of light
  • Makes an exceptional task or reading lamp, and provides ambient lighting
  • UV filtered and safe, glare free, flicker free and has two light settings
  • Can ease symptoms of SAD within one to two weeks of regular use
I purchased it from Am azon as a last desperate attempt to find help that would last. I bought this after reading the book "The Depression Cure" and I followed all his suggestions. I would recommend a company called Amoryn if you feel you just have to take something as their product will not harm you. SAMe is also helpful without side effects. I've struggled with wakefulness and SAD for the past few years, and decided, hey I could use a little piece of on-demand simulated sunlight!

You simply see things better with this Carex Health Brands Day-Light Classic 10000 LUX SAD Lamp DL930. I've used it while sketching, crafting etc. It's everything an OTT light is, and more. I highly recommend this lightbox. Not only does it simulate a natural spectrum of light, it also helps visualize colors accurately without any shifts in color that comes with incandescent bulbs. My eyes do not feel as fatigued because they're not straining to make out precise details. A sewer/crafter's delight!

I've been operating with my brain sleepy for so many semesters, I forgot what it was like to be awake, well-rested and active. In nursing school it's easy to wake up tired, be tired all day and then go to bed really tired, hoping that you'll feel rested in the morning to follow. For the first time in 4 years, I have experienced an end to that tiredness cycle. It's also one of the best studying lights I've ever used (I put it on the dim setting and point the lamp parallel to my desk over my book).

No comments:

Post a Comment