Saturday, November 8, 2014

Philips 433227 10.5-watt Slim Style Dimmable A19 LED Light Bulb

The Philips 433227 10.5-watt Slim Style Dimmable A19 LED Light Bulb are great. This flat bulb design is ingenious, and I suspect the loss of the material for heat sink will allow this bulb to drop greatly in price in the coming years. Is it worth the hassle for warranty replacement if buying a new bulb is $5? I recently bought a few LED bulbs at home depot, but they did not have the slim style available. I wanted to select a bulb for more general replacement around the house.
The Philips 433227 led bulbs are bright and warm. They are also much lighter and don't get nearly as hot as other LEDs I've used.
I bought tons of these for my house, my whole house is LED now! Love them! I haven't heard any buzzing yet. Got them for 2$ a piece at my local Home Depot
Price is right. I had the bulbs in a lamp shade, and they worked fine, but in another room with a glass dome on a ceiling light, the emitted light was a little too direct. This made harsh shadows and other undesirable components to the light. In the ceiling dome fixture it was a much more diffused light with the slimstyle. There is a reason these bulbs are currently the number one selling LED light bulb on Amazon right now and that is because they are that good.
  • Philips 10.5-Watt SlimStyle replaces your standard 60-Watt A19, saving you up to $136.13 in energy costs
  • New sleek, flat design is ideal for use in wall sconces, table and floor lamps, open pendant or ceiling fixtures
  • Extra long lifetime of 22.8 years - reduces the hassle of frequent replacement
  • Safe for the environment and your home - durable design and mercury-free
  • Dimmable and provides a soft, comfortable light
I bought the Philips 433227 10.5-watt Slim Style Dimmable A19 LED Light Bulb 10 pack which means they worked out to around $8.50 per bulb. That is an unheard of price when it comes to name brand quality bulbs. I replaced the lights in my hallway, bathroom, utility room, and sun-room. What I love about LED bulbs is that when you turn them on they are bright, no waiting around for them to warm up like florescent bulbs.

I did put four of these bulbs in my ceiling fan fixture which is controlled by an old X10 dimmer. However the old X10 dimmer does work manually and the bulbs operated flawlessly. The way to solve that problem is to purchase a new LED certified dimmer or only use the bulbs in multiples when controlled by a standard dimmer. So for example, in my ceiling fan the bulbs operate flawlessly because I have 4 bulbs in the fixture. Using a certified LED dimmer of course alleviates issues with the LED bulbs blinking when they are dimmed.

But even my old X10 dims the LED bulbs flawlessly and do not blink; I believe this is because the four bulbs draw enough power to make this work correctly.  Conclusion is I will kick out the naysayers and progress to total replacement of all bulbs in my house with quality philips bulbs as they are more honest with lumens and kelvins versus watts that most.

No comments:

Post a Comment